#54 Get three indoor plants (and don't let them die)

So I tend to kill plants. Not intentionally. They just don't seem to like me. Really! But I love plants! They make everything look less boring. So I was determined to give all my love to three plants and have them survive. Here's my plant journal.

December 23, 2016 - Keri gives me Christmas presents: a cactus (so smart) and three bamboo sticks (reduced to two within a week, yes I know, bamboo is extremely hard to kill, I'm telling you, I've got special skills)

February 11, 2017 - Mihaela decides to make it into a proper challenge and gives me an orchid. She comes prepared however: fertilizer and step-by-step instructions on how to love my orchid. Friday becomes my designated orchid loving day (read: I water it)

March 25, 2017 - The cactus died. But how?!

June 3, 2017 - Only one bamboo is left standing.

July 25, 2017 - Cindy gives me a snake plant, convinced that I will not be able to kill this one.

September 6, 2017 - The orchid Mihaela gave me refuses to come back to life. I decide to focus my energy on my snake plant. It seems to be outgrowing its pot, so I divide it into three smaller pots.

October 31, 2017 - The three snake plants continue to grow, one faster than the other but they're doing their thing. I also still have one bamboo thing left standing. My aunt gives me a spider plant which needs to be repotted. I succeed.

February 24, 2018 - Time to publish this post, while I technically still have three plants that I kept alive: one bamboo, one spider plant, three snake plants. But really, the one I am the proudest of is my Bobby, the plant that I got when I first moved to Canada almost five years ago now. Still standing strong despite my obvious lack of plant caring skills.
Spider plant... quite new so not surprising it's still alive.
Bobby, my rock!
A solitary bamboo thing. 








2 comments:

  1. Hoe gaat het met je plantjes, zullen ze 24 februari 2019 halen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Behalve de bamboo staan ze nog allemaal goed :-)

      Delete