#72 See 5 music shows

I love music. Dancing (in the car), singing (in the car)... but I never really go to music shows. My first ever actual concert was Lauryn Hill back in 1998. The last music show I remember is Ben Howard at Pinkpop in 2013. Vancouver bustles with good music venues and artists, so no better place to put this wish on the list.

#1 The Lumineers - June 1, 2017 @ Deer Lake Park

"Officially the wettest concert I've ever been to", to put it in my friend Terri's words. We were all so excited about sitting in the grass, drinking beer, enjoying the sunshine and mostly The Lumineers. But the weather gods, and their opening band (Soak, really?), were not on our side. Nevertheless an unforgettable night.

Fav moment: 'Stubborn Love' - Dancing in the pouring rain - #embracethesoak.



#2 The Arkells - Feb 1, 2017 @ The Dougie
Insane. Best. Show. Ever. I have nothing else to add. (Seriously love these Hamilton boys).

Fav moment: 'And Then Some' - All I remember is the words... I love every inch of you and then some...

(Other fav moment: Lead singer Max standing on a crate in the middle of the audience, performing 'Drake's Dad' with the non-denominational Gospel Choir of Vancouver, i.e. us)


#3 Japandroids - March 20, 2017 @ The Commodore Ballroom
As with many of the shows I go to, I only knew one song by this Vancouver band. Unlike with the other shows I didn't fall in love with the band. The show was okay but not great, the music was mostly punk and hence not really my style. I survived, let's just put it that way ;-)

Fav moment: 'Near to the Wild Heart of Life' - opening song - only song I know and love.






#4 Passenger - March 25, 2017 @ The Orpheum
This was another so called Arkells experience for me, i.e. another amazing show where I only knew one or two songs, but loved every single one of them during the show. This guy has such an amazing voice and some wonderful stories to share.

Fav moment: 'Everything' - Mike sends his band away to do what he does best - His voice, his guitar - Tears.







#5 The Zolas - April 6, 2017 @ The Vogue Theatre
What an insane party! I was not only stoked about the fact that I knew so many songs by this band, but also just by their show. Such a nice balance between indie, acoustic and serious dancing. You cannot go wrong with these boys fro, Vancouver.

Fav moment: Can't remember which song it was - Lead singer Zachary disappears in the crowd and asks for the lights to be turned off - He bathes in the light of hundreds of cell phones - Stunning

(Other fav moment: Crazy lights, crazy dance show and one heavy beat)

0 comments:

Post a Comment