Every year or so since I was 16 my mom and I would go on a little trip, just the two of us. Citytripping in Lisbon, motorhoming through France, bike riding through the Netherlands. So obviously my mamsie added this to the list. You'd think we'd get more organized through the year, but alas. I came home on a Thursday afternoon, right at the start of a sunny long weekend. Perfect timing, right? Except we still had to find a place to stay. After hours of going back and forth - should we just go for one day? no, that's ridiculous - my mom found a hiker's cabin somewhere. On our second night we tent crashed with some of my mom's friends who happened to be camping the same weekend, somewhere further north. As always, it was the most wonderful weekend with my most wonderful mamsie.
Our bike trip in numbers:
- total distance: 227 kms
- total bottles of wine: only 3 (weird)
- total patio stops: lost count (but really not that many)
- ferry rides: 3
- giant bridge crossings: 2
- sunburn: all of me
0 comments:
Post a Comment