#78 Get to know five people on a plane (scratch that: on a chairlift)

I love to travel, that's no secret. But I don't just love it to discover new places, I also love the act of getting somewhere. Roadtrips are by far my favourite, but I also thoroughly enjoy flying. Strangely enough it's also the most antisocial part of my journey, so I decided to make an effort and actually interact with my fellow passengers. I did, a little bit, on my flight to Boston two years ago, and again on my flight to San Fran last year. But there was never a lot of connection, it was actually slightly disappointing. I decided to go back to my usual 'get cosy - watch movies - eat free peanuts' routine on the plane and find another normally antisocial activity to switch up. Plan 2.0 turned out to be a lot more successful. As I go snowboarding on my days off work I mostly go by myself, which can make the chairlift rides quite boring. So I recently committed to chatting with every single person I meet on the chairlift and it's been great fun. I've met people from all over the world while enjoying the best view this city has to offer: sunset on Seymour!

0 comments:

Post a Comment