#82 Olivia's Surprise

Sneaky little card hiding behind the manger. 
Olivia's surprise was one of the first wishes on the list. It was when we were in Nicaragua six months after Kerry's death that I started the list. Every now and then I would ask Olivia what the surprise wish entailed and she would be all mysterious about it. Turned out she just kept changing her mind about what would be a good thing to do. So instead I decided to surprise her. The night before flying back home I hid numerous cards with inspirational quotes, loving words, and self-care ideas all over her house. It reminded me off how my mom used to hide notes in my backpack right before leaving on a big trip. Weeks into my travels I would still find little notes here and there, hidden in a pair of socks or in a box of bandages. It is my hope that Olivia has the same experience, finding notes all the way into next year, keeping us close together even from far away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment