#87 Karen: Send Christmas cards

My mom always goes out of her way to make beautiful cards for any occasion, but I'm mostly still trying to find that dedication. I'm also not the most patient human walking around, which means I easily get bored with some of these projects. And mostly, I find Christmas cards a waste of paper as people buy them, typically just write a two-word message inside, and then they go into the bin two weeks later. So when my friend Karen suggested this one, I was surprisingly excited and decided to give it a different spin. I wanted to make something people would potentially keep and had this elaborate plan where I found the best quotes for every particular person and ordered stamps that were exactly the font and size I wanted them to be. One cold winter night I went at it but after the first quote I already noticed that the stamps were not ideal, leaving edges around the letters, and that the quotes were sooooo long I would never last through all of them. So I went in search for shorter quotes and accepted that the cards would not look as picture-perfect I wanted them to be. Oh, and my favourite part of all, I turned them into 'Happy December' cards as I wanted to be mindful of the fact that Christmas is not celebrated by everyone. So all in all I still had fun and may even go in search of better letter stamps for next year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment