I was completely unaware this was on the list until after Kerry died. I found our weekend list on his phone a few days after the accident. Guess he heard about it from some other people because it doesn't appear to be a crazy popular hike, despite its beauty. Clearly having the Chief right night to it doesn't help, but I prefer this hike over the Chief any day. Not crowded at all, nice and cool for the most part and some pretty awesome terrain, ranging from dense forest to massive monoliths that require ropes and chains for you to be able to make it across. You zigzag underneath the Sea to Sky Gondola twice but for the most part you don't see or hear it. It's only 7.5 km long but you climb about 900 metres in that time, making it quite a bit higher than its more popular neighbour. And the best part? You don't have to punish your knees on the way down because you simply jump on the gondola (after purchasing a $15 ticket of course). Only downside? Arriving at the top of the gondola after three hours of solitude was a bit anticlimactic given you're surrounded by hundreds of tourists, a playground, food stands and every other amenity the top of a mountain seems to require. Nevertheless I am grateful Kerry put it on the list, even if I never knew it was there.
Doen we eens samen hé en mijn knietjes sparen met de lift!
ReplyDelete