#63 Use up all my vouchers and gift cards
#1 Mt Seymour gift card
From: birthday present from Kerry in 2015
Not used due to: lack of snow in 2015
Of note: It came, according to the card, with 'a completely judgment free (I will still laugh at you) lesson' as well.
Used: January 1st 2016 for my first ever snowboarding lesson
#2 Hot Stone Massage in Victoria
From: myself when I needed a break and went to Victoria on my own for a few days
Not used due to: lack of planning meant the place was fully booked when I got to Victoria
Of note: I needed a break because I was waiting for a new work permit and was stressed. Kerry called me every day while I was in Victoria and almost payed me a surprise visit (work got in the way)
Used: Traded in for Groupon points for something I now can't remember
#3 iTunes Gift Card
From: thank you card from one of the families I work with
Not used due to: still had some iTunes credit left
Of note: Just made me so grateful to work with all these wonderful families
Used: For running music which eventually got me back into running
#4 Tiny Finery class card
From: My cousin Niki for Christmas
Not used due to: always forgetting
Used: For a ring-making class, where I made my own sterling silver ring. Unfortunately it's a little chunky and the teacher wasn't that great so I don't wear it. Sad face.
#5 Spa Wish gift card
From: My cousin Niki, yes the same one, for my birthday three years ago or so
Not used due to: same old same old, always forgetting
Used: For a wonderful spa night at the Miraj Hamma Spa in Vancouver (best.thing.ever)
#6 The Keg gift card
From: Kerry's boss after he completed a really tricky job at a retirement home
Not used due to: we were waiting for summer...
Of note: The card with the gift card said 'Thank you for an awesome job Kerry. Take your lady out for dinner on us'
Used: For rooftop dinner at The Keg in Yaletown, as that's something that was on Kerry's and my list of things to do on the weekend. He had worked in the area there and had seen the rooftop, hence always wanted to go there. Things turned out differently, so I took my cousin Niki for a lovely dinner.
0 comments:
Post a Comment