Shortly before the accident Kerry was working a job in a retirement home. It was a challenging job and he often came home tired, wishing it to be over. But being Kerry, he always showed up to work with a smile. Once the job was finished, his bosses gave him a card that said 'Thank you for an amazing job. Take your lady out for dinner on us'. They included a $150 gift card for The Keg. We decided we'd use it for a rooftop dinner at the Yaletown Keg, as Kerry had seen it while on a different job once and he really wanted to go there. We were waiting for the nice weather before using it, but well... things happened differently. The gift cards had been laying around my place for a long time, summers came and went. This year I was ready to use them, as weird as that sounds, it's just a gift card right. But to me a lot of those things mean a lot more. So I decided to treat my cousin Niki to a lovely Friday night dinner: steak and lobster, yummy cocktails and a delicious dessert overlooking the Vancouver skyline and enjoying the sunshine. Kerry would have loved it.
| I wouldn't be me if I didn't order the biggest dessert possible. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment