Yessss!!!!! I got in! This has been a stressful one, and one that took a very long time. A few days before Kerry died we had been talking about me going back to school so I could get a degree here and better job opportunities. The original thought was to do a PhD, as a sequel to my degree in psychology from home. So I started all the prep work, took extra math classes, passed the GRE, then passed the GRE psychology. I started collaborating with several labs at the department of psychology at SFU, where I wanted to go. And slowly but surely over the course of the past two years I have begun to get a clearer picture of what I actually want. It is not a PhD. It is not another academic degree. I talked to lots of people at SFU and at work, everyone giving me little pieces of the puzzle. And then I came across this wonderful practitioner based program at CityU, where they focus on social justice and everything I really want to achieve with this degree. Unfortunately, getting accepted to a university program here is not as easy as it is in Belgium, where you simply go to the registrar's office and register. So I wrote a six page admission essay, I took an English language test, I paid the administration fee and I completed the interview. Stress, stress and lots of stress. Though I have to admit, writing the admissions essay was kinda interesting and self-reflective in a way I had not anticipated. Kerry of course was an integral part of it, but the part where I met him, not where I lost him. I know he would be so proud of me now, I am proud of me. And I cannot wait for this next adventure to begin. And say goodbye to all my Saturdays for the next three years unfortunately :-(
And I am proud of you!
ReplyDelete