| Whistler Brewing Powder Lager with a view |
Bomber Brewing is one of my favourite breweries in Vancouver and ever since Kerry and I got a growler there it was in the trunk of the car, for one reason only: 'You never know when you might run into a brewery'. The best memory I have of that growler is when we decided to go for breakfast in White Rock on a rainy Sunday morning. We had to wait a little bit for our table so decided to take a stroll around the neighbourhood. We found White Rock Beach Beer, a random little brewery down the street run by some high school teachers with a love for chemistry. So we had some tasters, got the growler out of the car and after breakfast enjoyed some beer on the beach. It's one of my favourite memories with Kerry because it stands for everything we stood for: random fun and adventure. So naturally the growler had to be featured on this list, and what better way than to fill it up with more craft beers.
So the little growler tour started in with a delicious Powder Lager from Whistler Brewing that was savoured with my friend Flo on the Sea to Sky Gondola and the subsequent little hike with a view. It was followed by some Royal City Ale from Steel & Oak during a night of meteor gazing along the Sea to Sky highway with my friend Michelle. Third came one of my all time favourite beers, which you cannot get anywhere in Vancouver: Sterling Single from Gladstone Brewing in Courtenay, on Vancouver Island. I seriously wish I could it for breakfast every morning, and I know that my friends Kara, Kat and Michelle agreed on that. Getting to the end, the growler got closer to home, with some Gin & Juice from Storm Brewing, without a doubt the sketchiest brewery in town. And to top it all off, what could be better than some actual Bomber beer, their delicious Pilsner, after a day of brewery hopping that was topped off with a random crafts night at my friend Lewis' house.
As I'm writing this, enjoying the last little sips of Bomber pilsner, I realize the growler has been on quite the trip, visiting new places and making lots of new friends. So Kerry. So me. Wish #36 completed.
| What art looks like on Bomber Pilsner. |

0 comments:
Post a Comment