 |
| Don't we all look so much more mature six years later? |
So when I asked all my good friends to add something to the list, some of them thought really hard and long before adding something. Others (read: Brady) not so much. 'Visit Boston, obvious.' I'm never one to say no to traveling, so off I went. I have to say, after having visited him in Kansas City (I know!) Boston was a really nice change.
Poofy trees, that was my first impression from the little window on the plane. Boston is so green, like at least one poofy tree per house. I instantly fell in love. And that was before I knew they had old stuff too. Like actual historically old stuff. After having lived in North America for almost three years, I had given up on finding anything more historical than an old tree. But Boston is just full of it. Yes, I should have probably known this, but honestly, my knowledge of American history is poor to say the least and having grown up in Europe, I might have gotten a little spoiled when it comes to old stuff. Either way, Boston's colonial history impressed me and I enjoyed exploring the Freedom Trail while my friend Brady was saving lives at the world renowned Beth Israel hospital (yes, I totally imagine Grey's Anatomy scenarios happening at his workplace all the time, despite him telling me otherwise).
By far the best part of going to Boston however was
1. Reconnecting with 'old' friends Brady and Liam after having volunteered together in Costa Rica
2. Actually thinking I could still shotgun a beer
All in all, a very memorable weekend and if there weren't like a million other places I still wanted to go explore, I would definitely go back to Boston. Maybe catch a Red Sox game? Wish #97 completed.
 |
| Welcome beers... nom nom! |
 |
| The very erm 'interesting' entrance to my friend's place. |
 |
| I think they play some ball game here. |
 |
| Old and new in perfect harmony. |
 |
| Some golden dome. I think it's old. |
 |
| 1634! So old! |
 |
| Tulips. Oh yeah and a tower. And some old stuff. |
 |
| Public library founded in 1848. This got the geek in me seriously excited. |
 |
| Old looking houses on a hill. |
 |
| Bunker Hill Monument. Yes, a hill! |
0 comments:
Post a Comment