#8 Ice skating

Kerry put this one on the list. He played hockey, very badly as he would always remind me. He just liked to skate fast. So fast on occasions that he would skate right passed the puck. I enjoyed going to watch his games, mostly because I would go with friends and we'd just chat and have spiked coffee under a blanket. Generally we'd miss all the goals. But it was good fun. So Kerry had decided we should go ice skating once. The original plan was to go to Robson Square around Christmas time, but the one time we were there it was packed with kids and all those push carts (or walkers or whatever you call them) were taken. No way I was going on the ice without one. In the end we never went ice skating together. Last week my coworkers and I decided it was a nice team building activity. I was glued to the glass for the first ten minutes, then got my friend Keri to push me around, then finally ventured out without any support and realized that I kinda knew how to skate. Stopping? Well that's a whole other story :-) Wish #8 fulfilled.

0 comments:

Post a Comment