 |
No crazy yoga pictures of me yet. I thought I would play
it safe and stick to meaningful Move messages :-) |
When I was looking for a new sport to try, I was really wanting something to balance out my running and would save me from that dreaded gym. In the past I had tried cardio kickboxing, but I wanted to do something unexpected, something completely new. Yoga it was. For those who know me, it is probably the last thing you'd imagine me doing. It appears a little slow, not a lot of energy coming out of it, and then there's those funny chants (sound of Om ring a bell anyone?). Honestly, I would have seen my brother Aaron try it before me, you know, because he's vegetarian, a tree hugger, wears those hippie pj pants all the time... But then I found this dance studio,
Move in New West, that combines different forms of yoga and adds in some dance, pilates and barre. It sounded a little less 'in the clouds' to me, so I gave it a try. And... I love it! Jenni and Aaron, who run the place, are crazy energetic ('crazy' being the key word here) and made all my prejudice about yoga disappear. Now I cannot get enough of it. Even the Candlelight Chillouts on Sunday nights are something I look forward to. It gives me a chance to unwind, to find my balance, to let go. I still have a lot to learn, not falling over being the main thing. And maybe knowing the difference between left and right would be handy too... But there is time. So with recently also having taken on surfing and snowboarding I think it is safe to say that wish #45 is fulfilled.
PS I love my brother to bits, he is truly one of the most incredible people out there. Everything I write about him is meant in the most loving (and sarcastic) way, but he knows that.
0 comments:
Post a Comment