#49 Try meditation at least 3 times (3/3)

#1 Playa La Santana, Nicaragua

Olivia added this one to my list. She's my mindful friend. Does yoga. Reads about mindfulness. Not me. I think about yoga. And consider about mindfulness. Somehow I could not believe my ever active mind would be able to stand still for a second. All I needed however was one beautiful beach in Nicaragua and one Olivia. Done. 15 minutes of quiet in my mind. Pure magic.


#2 Breathe app

I used to sleep like a rock. Hit the mattress and I was out. Now I toss and turn all night long, driving myself crazy. Someone taught me the body scan method once, to help me fall asleep. When I'm in bed however, I'm so tired I don't have the energy to talk to myself in my head. So I downloaded this app called Breathe which has a list of around 15 different meditations you can choose from, a soft female voice does all the talking in my head for me now. Best thing of this app though is the sticker system. Love this app! Although not sure what I'll do once I have all 21 stickers…



#3 Post yoga Savasana

Yoga and meditation seem to go hand in hand, so when I started taking classes at Move, I also started having more attempts at meditating. At the end of every class, we do this thing called Savanna or corpse pose. Basically, you just lie there, with a comfy blanket and pleasant background music. Sometimes Jenny will give you some guidance, sometimes you just go at it on your own. My favorite way of regaining focus is the breathing technique where you inhale, then pause, inhale a little more, exhale, pause and inhale again. I can't remember the name, but it's very effective.

So after 3 (and a little bit more) meditation attempts, wish #49 is fulfilled. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment