| I was too busy relaxing that I forgot a pic, so website screenshot it is. |
Not only did I get one, but two unforgettable experiences at a spa. The first was at Miraj Hammam Spa in Vancouver, voted one of Canada's best spas and with good reason. The inconspicuous facade hides a true gem. It's so small you actually get the entire place to yourself. After soaking up the steaming heat in the hammam, a lovely lady gives you a personal gommage (scrub with Morrocon soap). I felt like a little kid again, not having to lift a finger. Afterwards you get to relax in your own private lounge with some Morrocon treats and tea. Such a peaceful experience I didn't even car dance on the way home.
Next up was Thermen Londerzeel, hidden somewhere in the tiny country that is Belgium. Completely the opposite of Miraj Hammam Spa, this industrial looking complex houses around a dozen saunas and steamrooms. Somehow I left as peaceful however as I did when leaving Miraj. The company played a big part in this, my bestie Olivia joined me, making it a very chatty day - soooo quiet in a sauna! The complex itself is so beautifully set up with a lot of attention to detail that sometimes we imagined being in Scandinavia somewhere. Our favourite was what Olivia called 'Disneyland for adults'. You walk through a row of trees (inside) and end up in under a starry sky with a wood cabin at the end (still inside!). In the cabin is a lovely sauna, but the kicker is when you get outside again and walk across a rocky path back to the trees (yep, still all inside). As we walk across the path thunder and lightning strikes and rain starts pouring down. We just couldn't stop giggling. Thermen Londerzeel has hence been added to our list of things to do every time I go to Belgium.
0 comments:
Post a Comment