#59 Sleep under the stars

I had this romantic idea of climbing a mountain and then falling asleep under a blanket of stars. Except in the Canadian mountains there are cougars and bears and who-knows-whats. So I settled for a less adventurous campsite in Zeeland (Netherlands) where the closest thing to a mountain was the pile of clothes I had created as my pillow. It was a completely unplanned yet magical night. My mom and I went cycling for a few days and due to a serious lack of organization found ourselves stranded on the second night with no place to sleep. Two of my mom's oldest and best friends happened to be biking and camping in the same area so they offered us a spot in their tent. It ended up being such a beautiful night however that my mom and I decided to just sleep outside, in the grass in front of the tent. Most random night but one of my favourite memories with my mom. Finding those random happy moments that I always had with Kerry is exactly the reason why I started this list and I am so grateful I got to share one with my mom. 

1 comment: