#24 Symbolically adopt an animal

I quite like animals. Had a few hamsters as a kid, one escaped, another committed suicide (or at least that's how I remember it). I had some little turtles that vanished, a guinea pig for a while, not sure what happened to that one. And we had cats, a dog, a pony at one point, sheep, chickens... But I can't say I love animals. They look cute and fluffy and cuddly - most of them do at least - but there's too many things I don't like about them. The smell, the hair, the having to feed them and walk them and you know, taking care of them in general. But then I realized there's a way of having a pet without the actual responsibility: adopt one, or in other words, pay someone else to take care of it. So come Christmas my cousin Niki had the brilliant idea of adopting an animal for me. And not just any animal, she got me a...wait for it...wait for it... a killer whale! So now I am the proud adoptive parent of Notch, a little guy who lives off the coast of Southern Vancouver Island. Word has it he gets up to lots of mischief with his cousin Star. Coincidence? Wish #24 fulfilled.

Find more information on how you can help protect the future of our wild killer whales here. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment