Six months ago I lost Kerry, the love of my life. In the blink of an eye he was gone. He always used to say I had a sparkle in my eyes. I'm not sure if he knew it was there because I was looking at him. When Kerry died, the sparkle went away. On our last walk together we came across a field of dandelions. I made a wish but it didn't come true. I stopped believing in wishes and happiness the day Kerry died. This list is my attempt to find that belief again. Kerry and I loved lists. We had a happiness list with random fun things to do on weekends, a list of must-see movies, a before 40 list… We never got to finish any of these. So this 101 wish list is for Kerry, for me, for us. So we may both find the sparkle again, wherever we are.
0 comments:
Post a Comment